Frenectomies are among the most common oral surgery procedures for infants and children. It’s important to our team that even the most routine treatments are given with the best in modern technology for a more comfortable and positive experience. We’re thrilled to share an exciting and innovative treatment option that’s making a big difference in the lives of children and parents alike: laser frenectomies for tongue-tie and lip-tie.
Lip and Tongue Tie
Lip-tie and tongue-tie are conditions that occur when the thin bands of tissue connecting the upper lip to the gums or the tongue to the floor of the mouth are unusually tight, thick, or restrictive. While these conditions are common, they can sometimes interfere with breastfeeding, speech development, and overall oral health. The excess pressure can even lead to gum recession or the need of orthodontics later down the line.
In many practices, frenectomies are performed with surgical scissors or scalpels to treat tongue-tie and lip-tie. However, at Pediatrics on Park, we’re proud to offer a cutting-edge alternative with laser dentistry frenectomies. Using advanced dental lasers, this minimally invasive procedure offers a host of advantages over the traditional method.
Benefits of Laser Frenectomy
- Precision and Accuracy: Lasers allow our skilled pediatric dentist to precisely target and remove the restrictive frenulum tissue. The laser beam seals blood vessels as it cuts, reducing bleeding and promoting quicker healing.
- Minimally Invasive and Virtually Painless: Unlike traditional scalpel methods, laser frenectomy involves no cutting or stitching, resulting in minimal discomfort for your little one. The laser gently vaporizes the tissue, making it a more comfortable experience overall.
- Faster Healing and Recovery: Laser frenectomy stimulates tissue regeneration and speeds up the healing process. Many children experience less swelling, reduced postoperative discomfort, and a quicker return to normal activities.
- Enhanced Safety: Dental lasers used in frenectomies are precise instruments that minimize the risk of damage to surrounding tissues, making them a safer option for delicate oral procedures.
- Improved Oral Function: By releasing the restrictive frenulum, laser frenectomy enables improved mobility and functionality of the tongue and lips. This can have positive effects on breastfeeding, speech, swallowing, and overall oral health.
Better Frenectomies in South Plainfield, NJ with Laser Dentistry
At Pediatrics on Park, we understand that your child’s comfort and well-being are paramount. That’s why we’re excited to offer laser frenectomies as a gentle and effective solution for tongue-tie and lip-tie. Dr. Gonzales and his team are dedicated to providing the highest quality care in a warm and friendly environment.
A happy smile starts with a healthy mouth, and at Pediatrics on Park, we’re here to support you every step of the way. If you suspect that your child may have a tongue-tie or lip-tie, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with us. Together, we can help your child overcome any challenges and achieve a healthy, confident smile in South Plainfield, NJ and the surrounding cities of Edison, Metuchen, Piscataway, NJ.